Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stealing A Valentine


My friend, Naughty, inspires me. Her nickname I use for her here suggests something different that what I'm about to type.  You see, she's the fiercest lover I know.  And by lover, I mean, a person who strives to love in a multitude of ways. She's keenly aware of her shortcomings and failures and works to overcome them, not let them limit her, not let them jade her love for people (and animals).

A few years ago, on My Space, she picked *me* as her Valentine and wrote some sweet words about me. I was blown away and deeply, infinitely humbled.  Her blog post revealed to me that Valentine's Day doesn't have to be about love in the traditional sense of boyfriend-girlfriend, husband-wife.  Valentine's Day is yet another opportunity to tell someone -- anyone -- you love him/her.  Her blog post inspired me to do the same.  Bottom line:  Valentine's Day isn't just about romance. It's about L~O~V~E!

Naughty posted these words of love wisdom and I am compelled to share them here (orginal credit to Robert Ciantar):

Listen without interrupting
Speak without accusing
Give without sparing
Pray without ceasing
Answer without arguing
Share without pretending
Enjoy without complaint
Trust without wavering
Forgive without punishing
Promise without forgetting

I have a LOT of growth left, and a lot of work to do!

Also, don't forget THIS!

And thank you, Naughty, for your devotion, friendship and being a fierce fighter of LOVE.

(P.S. New music on my player! "Love" ~ a cover of the John Lennon song as sung by Matt Sucich.)

No comments:

Post a Comment