Friday, February 10, 2012

41

All fresh and recovered from Mardi Gras? Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation yesterday? Did you remember to fast and abstain from meat? (Me neither!)

On to proper business:  my birthday post~game wrap~up. (Pardon the frilly ~; the dash/underscore key doesn't work on this laptop's keyboard anymore. I'm mourning the loss, but please treat me no differently than you would any other day....)

I turned 41.

My birthday was celebrated over the span of two weeks.  I was treated to lunches and happy hours prior to the actual day. Thank you to all of you! I'm spoiled. And humbled. And grateful!


My *actual* birthday was on a Friday this year.  I took the day off work and hung out with a friend most of the day.  Prior to that, though, I was awakened by My Lovely Family serving me breakfast in bed.  On the "You Are Special Today" red plate:

After a terrible battle with traffic on the way home, I feasted on sushi with My Mom, My Girls and My Husband. I was surprised My Mom joined us, and quite pleased about it!  She even tried the sushi, and enjoyed her non-sushi meal.  I was buzzing from the plum wine - a new favorite!


Sushi Parade
Later, we took our full bellies to the FroYo place and made ourselves utterly miserable! Birthday FroYo might have to become a new tradition. Avocado tart is the way to go, yo!

Thank you to all of you who celebrate me on my birthday (and all the days of my life).

*toast*

~whoosh

No comments:

Post a Comment