Monday, August 15, 2011

Farewell Wishes

In May, 2009, a culmination my three years of teaching a group of fine young men and women was fruitfully celebrated at the Sacrament of Confirmation.  I'm realizing that they're graduating high school and heading off to college, the military, to LIFE!

My heart kind of sinks.

My heart very much sings!

I wish all of you the best. Please know that I'll be praying for you, I'm here if you need me.

My prayer for you:

Holy Father,

Please protect MY KIDS -- those amazing kids who taught me more than I taught them!  I am ever grateful that their paths and my path crossed each other & we were able to share precious time together.  I pray that I served you well as a vessel, speaking your word, doing your will, resulting in a a life-long impression on their heart. 

May they feel your comforting hand in times of trial, feel the licks of your flames during periods of growth, and through it all, name the joy and the pain "God's love", and offer gratitude for it.

Please call them to prayer...constant prayer...constant relationship with you.  Pray, pray, pray, even when it seems like it's uncomfortable.  Jesus, I know you will tap them on their shoulder, smile and offer love. MY KIDS:  keep in mind that Christ is your friend! The words he most often spoke:  Do not be afraid. 

Furthermore, Father, protect them.  Empower them mightily to be soldiers of faith. Grant them confidence in themselves through you to avoid peer pressure, careless judgment, impulsive decisions, anger-fueled actions, inaction as a result of despondency.

In the times they stray from The Path, let the stir of you remain in the cobwebs and depths, for that's The Voice - YOUR Voice, and they WILL know it! Then they will return to you.  When they are off the path, it will be an opportunity for fire, to mold and purify. When MY KIDS are old and gray, may the look back on this time, in good graces with you, and smile, feel joy knowing that His/Her Path was intended and chosen by you all along.

Call them to Reconciliation. Grant them families and relationship to nurture their spirit and offer it selfless as Christ does.

Keep their minds  and hearts always radically open, questioning, questioning, questioning in order that they are reassured, re-grounded, re-affirmed in their faith walk with you.

Father, I'm blessed to have taught them. I'm blessed to have been their student. I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of them, no matter where they are led.  Thought my heart breaks and aches, it's full of joy, swollen with love. Thank you.

Always and Forever in humility,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment