Saturday, July 02, 2011

Mid Life Crisis? Justin Bieber Fever -- For A Few Days At Least

Um...
Don't hate me.

Just hold me.

Baby, baby, baby ohhhhh, baby, baby, baby....

Don't Waste My Time, Time, Time, Time!

Tonight, for "family movie night", The Family gathered on the L-train to pick a movie. I suggested "Never Say Never", you know, the Justin Bieber movie.  I change the channel to it, and My Husband exits the room, "I don't wanna watch no Justin Bieber movie". 

So much for the "Family" in "Family Movie Night".  *laughing* But -- I get it. He's a guy. The rest of the humans in this house are of the female type.

The three of us girls sit here and watch Beebs and his lil life story -- a lot of life in a short amount of time, I must say!

I'm impressed with how talented he is, and that he's basically a grass-roots story of success.  The songs I've heard have positive messages. The shows are not sexual in nature, nor does he cuss and act like an arrogant attitudinal teenager. There were a couple of running themes in the movie that made him more endearing. For example, there's prayer, and he has, what seem to be, caring and savvy adults around him that are protecting him & allowing him to be a kid. Usher, of all people, brought Beebs into the limelight & takes care of him. Let's hope it all stays on the good side of the world. *fingers crossed*

Favorite movie quotes:

         ~ This tastes like dinosaur pee.
         ~ The little things go far.

I recently saw New Kids On The Block & Back Street Boys (sans the delicious Kevin Richardson), and my teenagejackie is in full hormone rage as a result of watching those guys. When I watch Never Say Never, I go back to my Duran Duran giddyjackie days. I can see why Justin Bieber has tons of screaming girls around him! That hair flip alone...supercute. It helps, too, that he makes that heart with his hands.....(that I've made with my own hands a time or seven)....


I highly recommend the movie. You better Bieleb your ass, I'll take My Girls to his concert if I'm able, and yes, I *will* be singing the songs because I'm about to go download a ton of them! 

One more thing, I started following him on Twitter -- just for a few days -- to see if he's worth my time. ;P

~Whoosh

P.S. The purple colored font is in honor of Beebs & his fave color....

No comments:

Post a Comment