Monday, May 16, 2011

Vaginas and Such....

During Mass yesterday, at the end of the Our Father, My Little One asked me to pick her up "so I can sleep, Mama".  I broke hands with My Husband, scooped her 44 pound body up into my arms then reconnected with the prayer chain by hand -- awkwardly.

My Little One starts rubbing her cheek and nose against my left breast, then rubs my right one with her hand. The she gives that right one a good squeeze or two and looks up at me with a sleepy smile and says, "Mama, is this where the milk came from when you fed me as a little baby?" Then she giggled.

Sticking with the prayer, I nod with a humored smile, affirming that yes, that's the milk-a-plenty source.

She squirmed loose at the end of the prayer, so I gently helped her to her feet.

I feel her tiny hand patting my tummy, then looks up at me with that same curious smile, "Mama, where did I come from? Your butt or your vagina?"

Yes, I laugh. Not out loud, but I do laugh.

I kneel on the kneeler and slide my hand around her, pulling her very close to me so I can tell her in her ear, "my vagina".

"EEEWwwww! That's just disTURBing!" she whisper-giggles. "Did they give you a bath after that?!" she mutters between snickers.

I'm smiling and trying not to laugh, again, nodding my head 'yes'.

"Okay. GOOD!" she replied then knelt down too.

+

How was that for some random church chat?  *laughing*

No comments:

Post a Comment