Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MJ

Last night, My Little Family watched "This Is It", the Michael Jackson final video. 

I stepped away from it rather haunted, to be honest. 

I've really been ruminating about the epic phenomenon that is Michael Jackson.  Truly, he is amazing...  and polarizing.

When the world received the announcement of Michael's death, I was at work.  My initial reaction:  Good.  He's out of his misery.

I mean that from a place of love.  Truly, I do.

What a tragic life this man has lived, that which we've seen in the media. 

I'm in the minority when I say I truly don't think Michael Jackson is a child molester.  I understand that most people view him as that, but not me.  My theory is that he never grew up.  He was an adult body with a young mind, frozen in time, in his awkward childhood.  So, in the spirit of charity and a deep desire to be understood, accepted and loved, to mingle with boys -- young  boys -- was where he was most comfortable.  Do I think he maliciously sought out young children and touched them for his own sexual perverted kinky pleasure?  No, I don't.  I don't think Michael possessed a well-calibrated adult social compass, which ultimately led to a compromised integrity -- at least in the context of appearances as the media told the stories.  In other words, he didn't know better.  He didn't realize that he should not talk about those things to "minors".  In his mind, they weren't "minors"; they were "friends" - friends his own age.

Then again, maybe it's the NaïveJackie just choosing to look at the good in Michael. By focusing on the good is not a claim that I support his alleged misbehavior.  It means I think Michael Jackson, despite his trials and tribulations, was a good, GOOD soul.  Though so much of his life was tragic, he had a right and meaningful destiny:  LOVE.

Anyway, going back to watching the video, I was reminded of his raw, immense, broad and pure talent.  My mind remains blown away at him.  At the age of fifty, he could sing, dance like nobody's business, choreograph, feel each tempo, note, chord in such a raw and fluid way.  He absorbed every being, every vibration, assigning and executing each movement seen and unseen a purpose.  He was limber and methodical.  He appreciated talent.  He offered kind words in feedback sessions.  I was most impressed.

The other observation of the video is seeing him live life with child's eyes.  Despite his age, there was a very sweet innocence about him.  God tells us to view people with the eyes of a child so that we remain in a position of wonder, awe, curiosity and unconditional love, unhindered by life experience to cause us to be judgemental and fearful.  Somehow, Michael seems to be trying to reconcile the inhumanity of human-kind with his child-like love.  He GETS it.  He UNDERSTANDS what GOD'S love is, and he wants EVERYONE to feel it, too.  Nothin' wrong with that, and he used his fame and talent to try to pull others into that same child-like posture.
So, watching his body move, and the way in which he interacted with various players in the pending production, it appeared that when he danced, it wasn't just an artful expression, it was a release.  I imagine that he was in such pain and agony and angst his whole distorted life.  He was sucked dry.  He was almost lifeless -- just a shell of a person -- UNTIL he was on stage.  Then, his music transcended his body, raised up into the atmosphere and intoxicated generations of people, impacting multitudes of lives. And it gave him peace-at least for just a few moments.

He sang about political topics, but, I suppose, because his build and voice were so slight, he wasn't taken seriously.  Additionally, because his politics came from a place of L~O~V~E instead of from a place of strategy and selfish propagation of an unclear agenda, he wasn't received as a politically polarizing individual.  His songs Heal The World, Man In The Mirror, Black or White and others are good examples of caring for the Earth and Our Brethern.  I included these songs on my playlist.

I've added those and some of my other favorite MJ songs to the playlist.  You'll surely know them all.  If you don't, you're bitten by the bug now. 

Now get on witchyo bad self and D A N C E!

No comments:

Post a Comment