Saturday, June 26, 2010

Public Service Announcement: Straws

RR and I have a 'thing' about straws.  I believe KBD, does, too. 

Some straws suck (pun?).  Some don't.

Ohhhh, you *know* what I'm talkin' 'bout. 

Some straws are flimsy.  Some are more round than others.  Some are bendy (bendie?).  Some swirl and twirl and curl.  Those coffee "straws" and mixed drink "straws" don't count as a straw at all.  They have no sucking purpose whatsoever.  And, of course, we can't straw post and neglect the very "Idiocracy" straw:  the cereal straw.



My straw awareness came late in life....  I wasn't always like this.

My appreciation for a good, round, solid straw has grown (insert sexual innuendo).  I'll spare you and I both the rest of the details, thereby robbing this Public Service Announcement of its full intent.  I'll cap it off by saying this:  Just trust me on this.

So....*drum roll*

Here's the first three of My Favorite Straws:

1.  Twisted Root - clear, sturdy, long, wide - a true straw among straws (yet another fine reason to go to the Best Burger Joint On The Face Of The Planet)  OH! And did I mention that the straws are eco-friendly?  They're made from plant materials. 
2.  Chick-Fil-A - also clear, less sturdy, not as along, average size hole - a contender
3.  McDonalds* - (no comment beyond this for protest reasons)

If you've never paid attention to this finite detail of life, try it.  You'll notice that not all straws are the same.

I will keep you abreast of any updates as needed.

Go forth and suck.

*I abhor that Mickey D's is on my list, but I can't deny the Awesomestraw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment