Monday, June 28, 2010

Music Minute: What's YOUR Favorite Summer Song?

Man!  I've got summer fever in a badbad way.  I don't want to be at work at all!  I just wanna play.  I want to be at the pool. I want to sink my hands into God's earth and nurture it by bringing forth flowers and other life.  I want to ride horses, go to the library, sleep in a hammock, dig my toes in the sand, lick the salty ocean water off my lips, go for a sail, snorkel, drink alcohol out of pineapple husks or coconut shells, eat fresh pineapple, see a flip-flop tan line on my feet, take long afternoon naps, stay up late, dance with my hair thrashing and my skin glistening, read a good book or seven, laugh till it hurts, rest my head on the bare chest of the Man I Love, and hear some good music while doing it all!

California Gurls - Katy Perry (<~~~ makes me wish I could wear daisy dukes & a bikini on top and not get laughed at)
Santa Monica - Everclear
Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
Fire - Pointer Sisters (<~~ this makes me want to make out with a guy)
Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow (<~~~ makes me ache for a convertible)
Good Times - Chic
Hot Child In The City - Nick Gilder
In Your Room - Bangles (<~~ reminds me of a high school crush that flourished during a summer)
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers (Yep.  I did.  Sure did.  You read it right.  So THERE!) 
I Can't Stop Loving You - Elvis Presley
Rio - Duran Duran (the video kinda sets the stage, doesn't it?)


On that note, I created my new music list on the page with these songs.  We can pretend to be on vacation together..... 

What are some of your favorite summer songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment