Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pinkie Pie Pony

I went on Saturday to get my hair done. My Little One did, too....by accident!  I swear!

My Little One wants to have black hair.  Yes.  Black!  The last two or three times we've been to the salon, she asks Our Stylist, "Do you have any black hair dye today?"  Our Stylist smiles, fumbles around in her drawer of many colors and shoots me some eyes, you know the ones.  "Ummmm, nope.  Looks like I used up my last tube yesterday, Little One."

Little One (in a whisper):  Mama.  Do you think she has blue?
Me (in a whisper and smiling):  I don't know, baby.  We could ask her.
Little One (not in a whisper & looking up at Our Stylist):  Do you have bluuuuue?
Our Stylist:  Noooo, but I have *opens up the magic drawer*  piiiinnnnkkkkk.
Little One (overjoyed):  That'd be fine!

So, Our Stylist picked out a chunk of golden blonde and worked the hot pink dye onto My Little One's hair.  It was one little chunk -- not all over.  Then My Little One sat under the hair dryer, reading her Katie Loves the Kittens book, drinking an Ozarka.

I take my place in the chair and ask, "so, does that wash out over a couple days or what?"
Stylist:  It'll last the summer at least.
Me:  hahahahahaha!  It's permanent!  Really??!!  hahahahaha
Stylist (laughing too):  Yes, but I can bleach it out no problem if you decide you don't like it.
Me:  I can't believe I didn't think to ask about that before now!  It'll be fine....this should be fun.  Should be a cute thing to do for the summer.  Oh, but My Eldest is going to be sooooo jealous!
Stylist:  Tell Your Eldest I will give her blue or teal, something darker that we can change more easily than that pink.
Me *nodding, still smiling, incredulous at my airheadedness):  Yeah...  Okay.  This is gonna be good.

So, taaa daaaaa!  You have to look pretty hard to really see it, but there's a faint pink tinge running through part of My Little One's hair.  She feels like a pony who has a multi colored mane like in My Little Pony, or more realistically, a mermaid (since that's her 'thing' right now).

And, yes, she IS wearing a Halloween shirt with a giant black cat with the word PURRRRSONALITY underscoring the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment