Monday, May 24, 2010

Monsignor's Prayer

I made it to Mass on Saturday night and cried quite a bit.  I heard bits and pieces of the homily, but mostly I admired him, dressed in red and gold, beaming in glory.  I also made it to two of the four Sunday Masses.  I wanted to attend one by myself so I could hear him and what God is saying to me, so I did.  Then My Eldest had to attend the final Mass because she sings in the children's choir.  I took a couple photos but haven't figured out how to take them off my phone yet.  Anyway, I managed to retain one of his favorite prayers that he asked the Assembly to repeat with him.  (I was so choked up I couldn't say it out loud, but I did move my mouth to the sound.)

You in Me.
Me in You.
One Heart.

God in Me.
God in You.
One God.

*sigh*

Simple and deep.  True.  Raw.  All-encompassing.  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment