Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Needing the Sun on the Coast

I don't think it's due to the longer, colder winter. No. I think it's just that every once in a while, I am compelled -- drawn -- lured to the water. I have to have some ocean and sun. I need a beach.  Not a lake.  Not a river.  Not a creek.  No.  I need a beach.  One that stretches far and tickles my toes, my nose.  One that flips my hair about in the wind.  One that makes me close my eyes and makes me smile.

*dreamy sigh*

Never have I done the "Spring Break Thing" where I cart off to some sandy, sunny locale far from my college or home life to act irresponsibly for a week. I think I've done a trip or two to D.C. to visit friends but never have I really taken Spring Break off and done something that's freeing for me.

This year, more than ever, I am attracted to the notion of going far away to the breezy beach and feeling God's warm kiss upon my face. I need to bury my toes in the wet sand. I need the peace that only the water can bring me. I need to look out at the vastness and realize I'm not vast. I need to feel closer to God, and the beach is a good way for me to do just that.  It'd be so wonderful to play cards with My Family.  It'd be weird, but I could sit and read a book.  I could be away from all things electronic.  I could build sand castles and comb for shells with The Kids and My Man!  What about a few drinks without worrying about driving?  Yep.  I could do that, too. 

I could......                      I would...                      I should.........

*dreamy sigh*

I have the time off already (yay!). My kids are out of school that week. My Husband is asking for part of that time off from work as well. I won't go without my family. My Husband and I could benefit from the escape and My Children have never been to the beach. Thankfully, Texas has it all: mountains, desert, flatlands, forest, BEACH (and so much more!). I just hope that the Spring Breakers from colleges 'round the country will be not near the little town I found online. I also hope that the little town I found online has a that little cottage available for My Family so we can stay and be close to God, we can breathe, we can be close to one another, we can just....be.

Please, God, I beseech thee...allow Us some beach time. Please. kthnxbye.

(Enjoy the sun-themed music on the MixPod....)

1 comment: