Monday, January 25, 2010

Shizzle N Da Hizzle


Lots of stuff going on, many changes.  Some highlights include returning our beloved Sammalammabambam to the family that allowed us to care for him.  That was a hard trip to Austin, which included me locking my keys in the car at the gas station on the way out of town.  Poor Sammy Boy was antsy.  Luckily I left the window cracked enough for me to slip my finger tips in there and put my lips close enough to speak words of comfort to him.

Another big change is that my mother-in-law has moved into my sister-in-law's house.  I know this was emotional for all of us.  I also know we'll all be fine.  My daughters are going to have separate rooms, and their school days will be longer than they were.  We're all growing up....

My father-in-law is receiving hearty therapy and seems to be responding favorably.  My Husband and Our Family don't go see him as often as we used to, or as often as we should, but he's always with us.  I'm sure now that my mother-in-law isn't living with us anymore that we'll be going more often, which again, is a good thing.

My mom's been challenged health-wise, but seems to be working toward a remedy of sorts.  She's going to help take care of My Little One after school.  My Mom had lots of bonding with My Eldest and has in the past expressed that she kind of wished she had a similar experience with My Little One.  Now's their chance.  :)

My birthday is coming up.  I'm going to the Dallas Stars v. Calgary Flames hockey game.  The Stars aren't playing worth a damn right now, but I love the game, love the Stars and am really looking forward to a fun night out with the family.

Lent is coming up.  It's my favorite time of the liturgical year, but I confess that my heart just isn't in it this year.  Maybe once it's here, I'll be more excited, but for now, I feel pretty far away from God and while it scares me, I also expected this time to happen.  It's the natural progression of relationships, human or spiritual, to be closer than close, then at other times be ohsofar apart.  I don't feel distant or aloof from My Father, but am definitely sitting on one chair while He's in the other.  I'm close enough to feel His love, but am resisting crawling into His lap like I so very much love doing.  

I've caught up on several blogs that've been looming in draft form.  I posted them per the dates they occurred for the most part.  You'll be able to see what a fun time I've had since the beginning of December.  Now things are slowing down a bit.  It's kind of nice to have things slow down, though.  I'm enjoying spending my weekends at home, working around the house, hanging out with my kids, and generally resting.  That holiday season mumbo-jumbo is suffocating at times.

So....Wednesday...PARTY!  It's my birthday, dammit.  Make it a good one for me AND you!

No comments:

Post a Comment