Thursday, December 24, 2009

Southern Style Christmas

Notes from my trip to Savannah:

15 hours in a car ain't so bad.

You know you're in the south when you're offered pork chop biscuits with a side of grits for breakfast on the fast food breakfast menu.

Not even the temptation of receiving gifts from Santa AND the Tooth Fairy could coax My Eldest into surrendering The Floating Tooth. *sigh*

Rockband on XBOX = way f*cking cool. What a good time! I need it for Wii now (yes...NEED it! *ahem* Jackie's January Birthday Gift?!)

Ain't nothing like a holiday fire -- IN THE OVEN! Now I know what to get my brother for Christmas next year (a fire extinguisher).

"El Cheapo" is the name of a gas station in Georgia that's run by Middle Easterners. Vaguely reminiscent of Texas?  hahaaha

My Little One is interested in Spanish. On this trip, she asked me "How do you say 'phenomenon' in Spanish?" I think that's pretty phenomenal! (For the record, I looked it up and it's 'fenómeno'.)

Words of Wisdom from My Eldest: If you divide losing by losing, you're gonna get losing.

Latin Mass is quite interesting. I want to learn Latin now.

I need to get together with my side of the family more often.

"Sherlock Holmes" was a great movie.  Guy Ritchie did a superb job on this one, as did Robert Downey, Jr.  I'm glad he's clean and back in the spotlight.  He's always been one of my favorite actors (kind of like Patrick Dempsey.  I've loved him since forever ago!).

I am not a NASCAR fan, or a car race fan in general, but I got a little tingly driving through Talladega, AL. And, no, I haven't seen the movie.

Paying approximately $70 for a hotel room to catch about five or six hours of sleep is money well spent, especially when four people are involved!

The Wilkes House = Not quite worth the wait, but a good experience nonetheless.

Juliette Gordon Low House = a better time than I thought it'd be.

Driving into Dallas in the snow is almost magical.

Savannah is romantic all times of the year, it's just a matter of degree.

Candy being made is a fun thing to watch, as is picking out taffy, watching revolving candied apples, watching carriage rides, My Little One trying to pose like Marilyn.

Next trip to Savannah has to be around Halloween time so I can do the ghost tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment