Monday, July 06, 2009

Funny Strange, Not Funny Ha-Ha

I've been thinking lately -- weeks...no...months now -- how much time I devote to the computer. I've tried to limit it as of late because of the newfound awareness.

I've started downsizing my online life to some degree. I killed my MySpace account, unregistered myself from several websites such as reunion.com and the like. I've felt free, both time-wise, and of "chains". Admittedly, the habits of going to certain websites are harder to break than I anticipated.

Another step I took was to delete and uninstall many software programs from my laptop. Computers come pre-loaded with so much CRAP that I never use. This weekend, I tore into my laptop and started hammering away. No more Windows Media Player since I use iTunes, got rid of some kid software games that will go on the new computer my children are about to inherit from my mother (thanks Mom!). You know -- THAT kind of stuff.

In doing my cleanup, I must've deleted something I really DO need because my laptop doesn't like me right now. I spent the better part of the weekend, at times when my family didn't need or want me, trying to fix the darn thing. Wish me luck.

Thank goodness work is pretty liberal and I have the ability to tap in online from the office. I'm grateful for that employee perk.

~Whoosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment