Sunday, April 26, 2009

First Eucharist

My Eldest received her First Communion today. After much discussion about what it means to receive the body and blood of Christ, some anxiety and excitement, My Eldest dressed in a family-made dress, adorned in a veil and pastel colored sash, floated up to the Altar for her First Eucharist. She was reverent, prayerful and sometimes giggly as she would sign "I love you" to me.

She received some special gifts: a cultured pearl necklace, a First Communion keepsake book, a book about the Beatitudes (my favorite part of the bible), some hard-back books on lives of saints, her own Sunday Missal (like Mommy's!), white roses, a lovely rosary hand made in Jerusalem, and several other special gifts. The most special of all of them is being surrounded by friends, family and the Holy Spirit on this very momentous day.







No comments:

Post a Comment