Sunday, April 19, 2009

Family of God

My Eldest attended some classes over a six week period at our church. When I signed her up for it, it was in response to a blurb in the bulletin about a teen scout who was going to lead the class. Turns out the teenager was trying to earn a special medal for scouts that is through the Catholic church. Little did I know then that My Eldest would also be the recipient of a medal, too!

Last weekend, we attended a special ceremony whereby My Eldest and several other parish girl scouts from different troops were awarded the Family of God medal. It's the first of many medals she's eligible to receive.


I learned that this kind of character building, spirit nurturing series of medals is available in most faiths, Christian and non-Christian. Each faith has their own series of medals. Pretty neat!
Mommy's proud of you, babygirl! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment