Thursday, March 05, 2009

Brush with Greatness

I was invited to lunch today.

This wasn't just ANY lunch.

It was lunch at the Hilton Anatole. Yeah. THE Anatole! Sssssssswankay!

So, lunch is lunch is lunch, right?

WRONG!

Not THIS DAY, my friends! Nope. NOT this day.

A lady with whom I work invited me and some other co-workers to an SMU Athletic Department luncheon. This lady's father is a renowned photographer. I was told they serve on the Board of Directors for SMU's Athletic Department. They purchased a table at this luncheon.

So what's so special about this luncheon? Wellllll, it just so happens that a golf legend was the featured speaker: Annika Sorenstam!

Yeah! ANNIKA!

If you follow my blog and/or know me IRL, you know I'm an avid sports fan. Admittedly there are some sports I don't really follow closely, and golf is one of them. However, since my dad was a golfer, and because I listen to sports talk radio pretty much daily, I can't help but know SOME things about golf.

Annika's participation in The Colonial was a HUGE deal! She spoke about her experience doing that tournament. Great stories about a lot of her 38 years on this Earth. I really enjoyed meeting her and listening to her speak in an informal interview-style format. I was most impressed with her modesty and her brilliance. VERY bright woman!

So, thanks to my friend/coworker! Hopefully I'll have a picture to post soon since my coworkers and I got our photo taken with Annika by the renowned photographer himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment