Friday, February 27, 2009

Weekly Word of the Weak: Repose

Jewel has a song called "Break Me". Part of the lyrics go like this:

I will meet you in some place
Where the light lends itself to soft repose

I'd heard the word "repose" quite a bit in life, but haven't really ever used it. When I fell in love with this song, I realized that I'd never really learned what it meant. How would light lend itself to soft repose? What does that mean?

(n.)
1. the state of reposing or being at rest; rest; sleep.
2. peace; tranquillity; calm.
3. dignified calmness, as of manner; composure.


Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the image described in the lyric. I do find it a nice thought, though. I'm attracted to peace and light. I crave those things, actually.

Staying calm,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment