Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Prayer for Service

Good and Gracious God

Help me...
to see my connections in all things,
to see your spirit within and without,
to recognize You in the face of others.

Let my faith move me to concrete acts of love and service.
May my faith not only comfort me,
may it challenge and disturb me.

May I look at the implications of
everything I do in a much wider context than before,
and always consider the impact that today's decisions will have on tomorrow.

Help me to listen better
to Creation
to others
to my own thoughts and feelings
and most of all...
You.

Give me a deeper appreciation for the unique contribution I can make
in affecting the lives of
friends,
family members,
and co-workers...
everyone I encounter.

And finally, God,
when I am overwhelmed by
my own sense of powerlessness,
remind me of Jesus,
that I may grow in compassion,
by being ready and willing to slip
into another's shoes,
and so find my own place in the
universal dance of life.

Amen.


*Author unknown. Adapted by Carol Hewson*

No comments:

Post a Comment