Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seredipity?


This picture was given to me recently by my mother. This is a picture of my dad in Japan. He's receiving a military award.

Mom found a bunch of old paperwork from Dad's military career and handed them off to me to clean out. Mostly the papers are medical records, his military record (on microfiche!), all of his pay stubs (yowza!) and various certificates. There was even a stash of his writings for school. Most of them are research papers (The History of Golf, a book report on The Explication of the Conversion of Jews...that kind of thing) and even a creative writing one! Go, Dad!

But the real reason I'm posting this picture is because it's very bizarro.

The man shaking my dad's hand looks like My Husband. This soldier could easily be his twin! It's almost like my destiny was defined when I was back in high school (which is when my dad took an unaccompanied tour to Japan). I showed the picture to my mother-in-law, My Eldest and My Husband and each of them agreed that the fair complected man closely resembles My Husband!

Creepy! Or... cool?

1 comment: