Monday, June 30, 2008

Vocabulary of a Baby Cricket

It's so cute when kids learn how to talk. What they hear then repeat don't necessarily match.

My Little One, she often refers to herself as a cricket. I don't remember how that got started excatly but she calls me Mama Cricket and herself Baby Cricket...her sister is Sister Cricket and of course, Daddy is Daddy Cricket.

Here are a few examples of some cute things My Little One, the Baby Cricket, says:

tuggle = snuggle
petty = spaghetti
toot nack = fruit snack
groofug = group hug
fweet = sweet
peak panish = Speak Spanish

This is cute, too. When she is trying to say, "You're the best mom in the whole world!" it comes out, "you mom in da whole best wooled!". Oh! LOVE IT.

Now...on the other end of the verbal abilities spectrum, she can whip out a mean "I apologize". It comes out smoothly, crisply and perfectly enunciated. She can also say "I don't like chocolate chunks" clear as day. And, she touches my soul when she distinctly relays her affection for me, "I love you, mama. You're my best."

I love you too, Pone.

No comments:

Post a Comment