Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wastes of Time

I'm tired but I don't want to sleep. Then I am the other extreme where I just want to hole up under the fluffy blankets in a cold air-conditioned hotel room for weeks and sleep. This late time at night, when everyone in my house is asleep, is my time. It's the quite I crave. It's the alone-ness I crave. I know it's detrimental to my health to be up this late, but I seriously need some Jackietime.

It's not been a good day for me.

It unsettles me when I have days like this. Days when I feel it's me against the world. I rarely feel like that, but today -- tonight -- I do.

My eyes are beginning to sting.

No doubt I will have horrible age-revealing bags under my eyes tomorrow.

I have a feeling this is a losing battle -- this fighting sleep to have a sliver of time -- a stolen moment. This slice of Heaven wasted on friggin' sleep. (I often contend the biggest wastes of time in my life are going to the restroom and sleeping. I'd be waaay more productive if I didn't have those two things with which to contend. )

'Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment