Saturday, May 10, 2008

By Which I Become More Defined

I dunno...

The more I think things are going to 'normalize' or 'simplify', the more complicated they are. Or is it me? Am I complicating things?

I think I'm a pretty easy-going chick. I would even call myself 'not high-maitenance'. I am a complicated woman, though. This I know for sure. But at the heart of me is someone who has immense hope, a vast curiosity, deep compassion and some other yadda yadda blah blah. This complicated part of me allows for too much second-guessing and self-doubt. Where is the confidence and clarity that's supposed to come with age?

*sigh*

I suspect I'm being pulled and pushed and stretched and prodded for good reason. I mean, I'm the cheerleading poster child for 'pain is growth' and 'trust the process'. Doesn't mean I like it. Doesn't mean it feels good. It is confusing.

I need wisdom.
And patience.
Acceptance.
Honesty and strength. Strength to be honest. Strength to say my peace (lovingly yet firmly) and not apologize for it.

St. Monica, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment