Monday, April 28, 2008

IckyYuckyNews

I try not to watch the news. I try not to read it. It's filled with negative stories and the postitive stories are few and far between. I need warm, life-filling energy these days.

Don't get me wrong. I do keep up with sports (duh) and I'll occasionally watch the weather (spring in Dallas can be unpredictable). But most news I get is from the internet. I've also become one of those cynnics about what I read in mainstream media so for the most part, I keep away from CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and the like because I think they are politically slanted.

Even though I don't seek the news, it sometimes still lands in my lap. Today was no exception.

On the way home, my husband and I were talking about a story he read on CNN's website. It was about this Austrian man who fathered seven children with his daughter.

WITH.HIS.DAUGHTER. He kept his daughter CAPTIVE for 24 YEARS!

Imagine? Imagine you're her.

At age 11, he coerced her into a soundproof basement and continued to rape her at his will over the next 31 years.

The story gets sicker. And stranger. And uglier.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!

Now look at me....perseverating the story. Feeling pissed off, helpless, even vulnerable.

I'd rather live in my bubble where everything is bubble gum and lollipops, happy songs and laughter.

Where's my blow-pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment