Sunday, April 20, 2008

Addendum to "Reality Check"

So, I'm driving to church earlier tonight because I teach faith formation. I'm listening to sports talk and during the commercial, I flip the AM dial to Catholic Radio. I don't know what the show is, but there is some guy wrapping up a radio show with a prayer he heard in high school. The prayer was so fitting for my previous entry and for what I'm enduring today....
It basically said until: I trust in the love of God being enough for me, then I won't be able to feel complete by any other thing I call love or consider love. Until I rely on HIM for what love is and should be, what it could be and will be, I won't obtain that happiness which I desperately seek. I started to type "...that happiness which I desperately LACK", when suddenly I realized I'm not lacking it..... I'm not calling it by name. I have it. But I'm not calling it by name.

All words that I need to hear. I still don't want to hear them, but they are so loud that I cannot deny them.
I'm still sighing.....and thinking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment