Friday, February 29, 2008

Vineyards - Dedicated to KB


I love the metaphors and experiences about a vineyard.


Grapes.
Juice.
Jelly.
Wine.
mmmmm -- wine.


The biblical reference of being the fruit of the vine is one amazing and awesome wonder. Bearing fruit is what life is all about, isn't it? John 15:5 is KB's favorite scripture. She reminds me of it regularly.


Sharing wine with good friends and my family is of great import to me. Toasting to good times, past times, future times and current. Sipping and critiquing. We do that with relationships, too, don't you think? We sample and analyze. Swirl it in our mouths...our souls...and then decide if we like this person or not. The wine need not be expensive either. There's nothing like laughter over cheap wine. My favorite is Llano Estacado Blush. Llano makes a good red, too, called Sweet Red. Not dry, and very fruity. Most red wine lovers won't like it, I'm sure. And I need it chilled, please.


So, a vineyard invites age. The quality of a grape, the quality of the end product is the goal. It might take years and years for the sower to get it right. Yet, he does. It was destiny. Wine running through his veins. And with aging, comes Wisdom. Stronger roots, thicker branches that bear heavy, ripe and life-giving fruit. Enduring weather. Surviving swarms. Drinking in nature.


I'd like to come back as a grape vine in my next life.


Toasting KB: a fruitful life I pray for thee.

1 comment:

  1. You rock! I've never had anything dedicated to me, other than His Lord and Saviour, but I forget often. Thank you for the reminder in all. Love KB

    ReplyDelete