Monday, October 15, 2007

Thirty Seven

This day, thirty seven years ago, my parents got married.
awwwwww!
Mom had a beehive 'do. She wore a light aqua green dress, with a white sequin design up the middle of the dress. The hem was about mid-thigh, and it was a rather form fitting dress. The year was 1970, so that gives you a clear picture of fashion and how she looked. I'll see if I can dig up and post a picture of their wedding day later....
My mom was six months pregnant with me when my folks got married.
shhhhhhhhhhh!
They lived in Alaska.
brrrrrrrrrrrrr!
My (half) brother was about two years old. My dad was playing pool at a family bar that was along the walk home Mom used to make after doing laundry. Mom and Brother stepped into the bar. Brother ventured over to watch the soldier men play pool. Dad propped Brother up on the edge of the billiard table and said, "Boy, where's your momma?" And that's how my parents met.
At the age of thirty, my mom had already been married and divorced twice. My father, thirty-one, married and divorced once before (no kids), was on his way to war. She mentioned to him that she was pregnant but she didn't expect anything from him -- just wanted him to know he'd have a kid out in the world. So Dad says, "Well, hell! I am not such a bad guy to live with. Let's get married." Mom, "okay".
True love! *sigh*
They were married at Santa Claus's house in the North Pole.
I am not kidding you.
Good story, huh?
Happy Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad....I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment