Sunday, July 01, 2007

Forty-six


Probably the single most amazing icon of my generation is Lady (Princess) Di. Although I didn't know her personally, her humanness was portrayed daily in the media -- and still is today. Humanness so raw with which so many of us from common to royal can identify. Her attention to global humanity is a special legacy. In my lifetime,I pray that I can achieve a miniscule fraction of what she did.... and grow in front of people as she did. She is one to be be admired...

Today she'd be 46.

She died when she was 36.

I'm 36.

Sobering.

I was telling My Eldest about this "real princess". I explained England and the monarchy a little bit as we browsed the internet looking at images of Diana. My Eldest said, "...but Mommy, what happened to her black hair?" I was so confused for the longest time. I answered, "Honey, I don't think she's ever had black hair." We went back and forth for about 5 minutes -- which was eternal -- until a light bulb flashed in my tiny lil brain.

My Eldest was talking about Princess Diana .... Wonder Woman. I was talking about Princess Diana.....HRH. Hahahahahah!!

Anyway -- Her (hottie) sons have organized a concert in celebration of her life. catch what you can when you can (Duran Duran was there!! And Duran Duran was one of Lady Di's favorite band!).

No comments:

Post a Comment