Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tag -- I'm it!

8 Things About Me

I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
ZigZagMan suckered some unwilling innocent off the street to venture into my pathway and poke me with a finger and yell "TAG! You're IT! Blame Zig!"...er, I mean, Zig Zag was kind enough to have me tagged because he digs my blog and might dig me a little bit, too. (Zig probably offered said innocent a weekend of camping and some beer.)
For the record Mr. and Mrs. ZigZagMan, I keep score.
1. I love chocolate - milk or dark. I especially love it on strawberries. Nutella is my sinful indulgence -- straight from the jar onto a spoon, then quickly into my wanton mouth. I, however, cannot STAND white chocolate. It's just not *real* chocolate. Hell, it can't even be in the chocolate family. Not even the drunk cousin who makes a scene at all the family get togethers. White chocolate is ... well...not worthy of wasting any more of my typing time or energy.
2. I am extremely moved by music. I'm tone deaf, and can't sing a note or carry a tune in a bucket, but my body responds to music uncontrollably. Therefore, I love to dance (and I'm a pretty good dancer I must say).
3. I want to move from Dallas ~ preferably near water. I would consider moving back to El Paso (hey, the Rio Grande is nearby!). I would also consider living in Austin. Even a small town very much appeals to me...in the Hill Country, or East Texas. If a job relocated me or my husband out of Texas, I'd love to move. Travelling is in the fabric of my soul and an luxury I don't get to indulge in much. I sometimes wish my husband had gone back into the Army when he graduated nursing school so that could travel the world on the government's dime. People should travel more.
4. I am amazed at people who have such jobs as putting (or even manufacturing) those little plastic thingies on the end of shoelaces, people who make those tiny paper umbrellas, and various other obscure, we-take-it-forgranted jobs. Bonus fact: I still want to be an FBI agent, or a forensic patholigist working for the FBI. I have a particular interest in sexual predators, serial rapists and serial/mass killers.
5. I will learn how to play the harp, own a Jaguar, fly a Cessna, become a blackbelt in some martial art, graduate college and be thin before I die. Also, I will publish either a children's book or a coffee table book (or both -- keep your fingers crossed).
6. I am intrigued by St. Veronica. She is the sixth station in the Stations of the Cross. She is not in the Bible, however, the Roman Catholic church has venerated her by portraying her in EVERY RC church as a station in Christ's Passion. (She is the one depicted who wiped the face of Jesus as he walked to his death. The cloth supposedly still exists today.) She is one of the subjects of my photography. I photogragh the St. Veronica station at every new Catholic church that I visit/attend Mass.
7. My hero is Thomas Jefferson. You'll have to learn more about him on your own to find out why. You'll be glad you did.
8. Eight is my favorite number. It's infinity. It's perfect. It's perfection everlasting. Zero is my other favorite number. Again, it's an unbroken perpetuation.
Now, to tag 8 people will not be something I can accomplish because I don't know 8 people who blog (personally anyway). I think I might be the only writer/blogger in my family and friends. At least, no one else has been brave enough to tell me about their blog if they indeed do it. So, these folks I know write a blog on their myspace from time to time. Hopefully that counts. :)
The next victims (um, I mean, tagged persons): Really Renate, Diana NC.

1 comment:

  1. Good 8 answers.....but where is the love for white chocolate??? :)

    ReplyDelete