Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Got Milk?

Lately, My Eldest has talked about breast milk from time to time. She's been saying things like, "mommy, remember when I was just a lil baby and I would suck milk out of your nipple?" I nod and smile, "Yes, honey, I do." She just smiles. Then she'll ask me about how milk comes out, etc. Fun mother-daughter woman-to-woman bonding.

So today was especially funny. My kids, husband and I were visiting in the dining room as I prepared dinner earlier tonight.

My Husband and I kiss once or twice as we dance around the kitchen trying to get out each other's way.

My Eldest giggles at her mommy and daddy kissing. She then sings:

Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes a baby
Then comes the milk

I stop rinsing the cutting board off and look up at her. I'm in total shock but am consciously trying not to show it. I opt to smile really big and ask her, 'where did you hear *that* song??!!"

Eldest: At school.
Me: Oh really? You know, Eldest, that is NOT how the song goes!

Eldest: It doesn't??
Me: Nope.

I proceed to sing the *original* version to her.

Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes LOVE
Then comes MARRIAGE
THEN comes a baby in a baby carriage

I continue: Eldest, see, you have find love and get married before you can ever think about having a baby. And goodness girl! Milk does not have to be a part of the song at all!

She just smiled and ate dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Dear..

    yes...that is called the bonding between kid and mom...actually there is no words to explain "that kind of bonding" forever...nobody explain it...deeeeeep meaning ... i think it is a lifelong loan of our mom's to us... can you u return it? (i think "NO")

    http://qualitytale.blogspot.com
    http://indiaonwheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made up a lesbian version of that song once.........:)

    ReplyDelete