Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Worm

My Eldest is so creative. It's all that reading she does! I love her imagination. Sometimes it surprises me. She can be so literaly and analytical, that I wondered for a long time if she even has imagination. She also is a girl who can read at above 6th grade level (she's only 6 years old) but can't button her own pants after going potty. God love her....

Last night at suppertime, Eldest randomly says, "....in Shel Silverstien's book, there's a poem about if you were an inch tall, you could ride a worm to school."

Looks dart back and forth between the adults.

Smiles curl.

Me: oh really?
Eldest: yeah. and know what else? And if I was only an inch tall, a cotton ball could be my bed.
Me to my mom and husband: how cute is she??!

We all smile.

Eldest (this is the cutest image...): and when an ant cries a tear, it can be my swimming pool.

Hoaky, I know, but I melted. What beautiful imagery, huh?

Okay, so imagination alive! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment