Monday, April 16, 2007

Daaaaa Starce



I'm rooting.


Even though we are Texan, I'm rooting.


Even though they transplanted for Hockey Centrale, I'm rooting.


Even though Texas rarely gets snow, we get ice, and therefore, I'm rooting.




I'm a huge sports buff, but NFL is my thing...not NHL. I'm a rookie when it comes to being an NHL fan. I can hear you now, 'ohhhh, you're one of those *fairweather* fans who likes a team when they're winning!' WRONG! ASS! I liked the Stars since before I moved to Dallas 10 years ago, and have ever since. I certainly couldn't tell you all the names of the best players, or spout stats, or even tell you their record this year. But it's a kick-ass sport with high energy, a fast-pace, complex rules (icing??huh??), toothless men and lotsa other cool stuff. I like it, and will continue to learn it. Allthewhile...rooting for YOUR Dallas Stars.




By the by -- total sidebar -- my favorite thing about going to the games, besides them winning, is the National Anthem. Whenever 'stars' is sung, the whole AAC audience screams "STARS". Wowee...am I an easily entertained date, or what?




All tht being said, YOUR Dallas Stars are in the hunt for the Stanley Cup. We are hoping to bring back the Glory O '99. Let's hope we can do it.....Right now, we are down 2-1 vs. the Canucks.




What the hell is a Canuck?? I had to look up the definition because their team jersey has a shark or some weird sea animal thingie on the front of it attempting to be ferocious. I pondered, 'is a canuck really a type of shark or other sea animal thingie?'. I hopped onto encarta @ MSN and looked it up. Comically, a foul language warning flashed and I had to acknowledge that I was indeed over age 18 (God bless them over there at Encarta thinkin I look that young...). So I happily press "continue" and the page flashes the definition. I had to laugh out loud. What's so offensive?? I guess I'm not Candienne, so I don't get it (re: definition two). However, it clearly has nothing to do with sharks or sea animal thingies as seen here:






Canucks are Canadians. Yawn. No wonder they need a ferocious looking shark or sea animal thingie.




Good luck STARS!




Bon soir mes amis,


~Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment