Friday, March 23, 2007

Chests 101

This evening, after Me Eldest arrived home from swimming, she showered. The shower is a new thing for her, and it's not really her first choice -- it's mine. It saves time as well as stress on my body (the kneeling, bending, stretching in awkard positions to help wash her hair, etc.). I think she's old enough to take (and actually like) the occasional shower, but it's always a negotiation....

But I digress.

My Eldest has been slightly noticing her chest lately. Sometimes she'll pull her bathing suit down and flash a tit and say, "do you wanna see my booby?". (OMG I am in *so* much trouble in 10 years!). Tonight, in the shower, she puts her hands under her 'boobs' as if to cup them and twists at the waist side to side. She looks down at the 'boobs' and then up at me and says, "do you like my boobies?"

I laugh, entertained. I also freak out, but don't show it.

"Yes, I do." I compliment her.

"Momma. How come God gave little girls flat boobies, but adult girls big ones?"

It's about now that I wish for a Manual of Parenting.

Trying to think on my toes, I kind of make this blanket statement, "well, honey, when you grow up, you'll probably have bigger ones like mommy; however, not all ladies get big ones." (sorry you A cuppers....and smaller...no offense. Promise!) I continue, "You'll get fuller breasts when you are able to have children." She is still oogling at her anatomy.

She thinks. She puts her hands down and decides it's time to wash her body. I hand her the loofa and squirt some liquid soap on it. She begins to wash. I stand outside the shower still, watching her, wondering if more is coming.

It did.

She stops, looks straight at me. "Well, Momma. I hope when I grow up, that I have some that stand up and out like this," (she puts her hands in front of her breast area as if indicating 'big pekry ones'). She continues matter-of-factly, "...not like the long saggy ones like you have!"

Thaaaaaaanks.

I didn't let that hurt me, really. We shared a laugh, and I simply said, "So do I, Love. So do I."

No comments:

Post a Comment