Sunday, January 21, 2007

Serendipity

Since my Cowboys were out of contention early on (duh -- did they even ever REALLY have a chance??), I settled in on a new team for which to root, one AFC team and one NFC team. I settled for New England and New Orleans (for a "New" Superbowl...ha!).

I thought this was going to be The Year for New Orleans. Talk about serendipity. They nabbed the great (former Cowboys) coach Sean Peyton. Amazing work he's done in The Big Easy. Drew Brees having a fabby year (like, who knew THAT would happen??!). And then there's lil ole Reggie Bush. I don't think I need to say anything more about REGGIE. As a seasoned football fan, I'm really quite impressed with New Orleans feat. It's too bad they didn't get past Da Bears.

My best friend who lives in New York state, she's a Bears fan. Has been as long as I've known her, which is about the last time the Bears made it to the Super Bowl. I called her today to share in her giddiness, to hear her shrill with delight as the snow fell and the Saints went marching home.... She's very difficult to reach anymore. Today, serendipity would have it that she (1) was home, (2) was awake, (3) answered my call. I excited greet her, and this is her reply, "I've been sleeping." WTF?? You mean *I* am more excited about this than YOU, The Eternal Bears Fan? WTF??

Peyton.

Peyton is glorious. He really is. He reminds me of Troy Aikman in so many ways: solid guy on the field and off; commanding team leader; superb numbers, encompassed by a good team and a stellar organization there in Indy. I was rooting for New England, I said, but secretly deep down inside my football belly, I wanted Peyton (not the Colts -- PEYTON) to win. Aikman had Rings. Peyton can't even get his windows washed on a street corner after the last few times he's tried to get to play in the Big Game. Now....that's all changed. He's going. He has a chance to seal his amazing talent and career with a Ring. I know I said I was rooting for New England, and I was because I love Tom Brady (hottie), but I think I've made my case for serendipity here....

So, it's Colts vs. Bears. Forty-one should be fun to watch!

P.S. I LOVE FOOTBALL

No comments:

Post a Comment