Friday, July 07, 2006

C.O.E.

Hi. My name is Jackie and I'm a compulsive overeater. I am not in meetings and I am binging like crazy these days.

I hate food.

I wish food addiction on NO ONE. Not even the dermatologist (see PIMPLE from previous entry). I sometimes wish I was a drug addict or alcoholic or gambler. You don't NEED any of those things to SURVIVE. One needs food for survival.

I have been praying to address the food issue and this is a small attempt at trying to own it and DO something about it. The only doing I am doing is eating and eating more.

I love food.

Wish me luck, send me prayers as I try to motivate and discipline myself to be less neurotic and more in-tune with real life binge free.

(Where are the potato chips?)

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to be in partnership with you on this.

    I have the love/hate relationship with food too.

    Food is comfort.
    Food is social.
    Food is love.

    Having this extra weight on my body is safe.

    BUT...

    I don't feel well and it isn't healthy. I don't want to end up a diabetic like my father. I don't want my kids to take up this legacy of love and hate.

    So, if you're interested... I will walk this path with you.

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{Jackie}}}}}
    A positive... we met b/c of this addiction.
    A negative... having lost all the weight (100+ pounds) 3+ times, and currently being at a 'normal' weight- the obsession does not go away. Well, it can when properly "treated" but really, REALLY it never truly goes away.
    Sorry. :(
    But I love you and have faith you will do what you need to do when the time is right for you to do it. E-mail me if you want food support.
    Renate
    PS I am over 2 months diet coke free after a 20 year addiction and being a 6-10 a day 'user' at the beginning of May... (and, yes, I am caffeine-free but WANT my pop every day.)

    ReplyDelete